As FITposium 2017 draws closer there grows multitude of options for how to customize your event experience based upon your goals, the direction you want to go and what you want to learn. Consider some of the following routes based upon what you are hoping to achieve.
FOR ASPIRING FITNESS TALENTS ON FRIDAY
You will want to make sure you attend the casting calls happening Friday between 8am-12pm. The audition itself will only take a few minutes on camera with our staff photographer and potentially a short video interview. You can show up anytime during this blog to get your audition completed.
Meanwhile in the other room we will have casting director Faith Hibbs Clark doing an interactive workshop on how to succeed as a model and actor in this market, how to market yourself and how to succeed at auditions. This runs from 8a-9:30a. Or you could attend this first, and then jump into the casting calls in the other room.
From 2p-5p we are doing portfolio reviews where you can bring in your portfolio (either printed or digitally) and sit down with one or several of our panelists who include Matt Englehart from Ford/Robert Black Agency, Anthony Cox the Creative Director for both Scottsdale Health Magazine and So Scottsdale Magazine, LaRue Gillespie the Editor and Creative Director of Max Sports & Fitness Magazine and also Katelyn Swallow the Editor of Women’s Health & Fitness Magazine. These individuals will give you feedback on what in your portfolio is marketable and what you should consider changing, adding, removing to increase your marketability based upon your goals. Like the casting calls, this is an open session you can come into at anytime during the block and leave once done.
If there is time, in the other rooms there is the following
- Online Content Creation by Jill Coleman 9:30 am – 11:00 am
- Blogging for Profit by Tana Nelson 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Building a Brand Friendly Social Media – 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
- Fitness Entrepreneur Workshop Panel – 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
FOR FITNESS ENTREPRENEURS, PERSONAL TRAINERS & COACHES ON FRIDAY
You will not want to miss any of the interactive workshops we have lined up which include Jill Coleman’s workshop on how to create great content online, Tana Nelson’s workshop on how you can make money through your blog, Callie Bundy’s presentation on how you can build a brand friendly social media and finally the fitness entrepreneur panel workshop we have lined up that includes:
- Karey Northington, Co-Owner of Protein House Gilbert
- Lindsey Schwartz, Best Selling Author
- Sidney Jarvis, Owner, Fine Swimwear & Bunzies Organic Spray Tanning
- Skip Wood, Owner, Muscle With A Motor
For those entrepreneurs who also are interested in magazine features, you can pop into the auditions which run from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm for the potential to be cast for more than half a dozen different magazine projects.
You can also have your portfolio materials reviewed at our portfolio review panel, which runs from 2:00 pm until 5:00 pm.
ALL ATTNEDEES ON FRIDAY – MIXER
No one will want to miss the Muscle With A Motor Mixer from 7:00 pm on at the host hotel where you will have the opportunity to network with other attendees, magazine editors, commercial clients, staff and special event guests.
ALL ATTENDEES ON SATURDAY
On Saturday you will have the opportunity to see the welcome address by James Patrick, then the keynote presentation by Erin Stern. At this point you can choose your own adventure on what you want to learn. Each hour block you can switch back and forth between rooms as you please seeing what you want to see.
- 7:00 am – Checkins
- 7:45 am – James Patrick
- 8:00 am – Success off the State – Erin Stern
- 9:00 am – Online Business Formation – Karey Northington
- 10:00 am – Sales Funnels & Lead Generating Tools – Kim Dolan Leto
- 11:00 am – Negotiating Contracts Leveraging Social Media – Callie Bundy
- 12:00 pm – LUNCH
- 1:00 pm – Transforming to the Changing Industry – Chris & Heidi Powell
- 2:00 pm – How to Stand Out Online – Jill Coleman
- 8:00 am – (NO SESSION)
- 9:00 am – Brick & Mortar Business Formation – Felicia Romer
- 10:00 am – How to Build & Scale a Successful Business – Jon Boles
- 11:00 am – Facebook Lead Generation – Mike Arce
- 12:00 pm – LUNCH
- 1:00 pm – (NO SESSION)
- 2:00 pm – TO BE ANNOUNCED
GENERAL SESSIONS ROOM A
- 3:00 pm – Get Published Panel featuring LaRue Gillespie (Max Sports & Fitness Magazine), Katelyn Swallow (Women’s Health & Fitness Magazine) and Gabby Richman (Scottsdale Health Magazine).
- 4:15 pm – Awards & Wrapping Announcement
Thus, for example, you might want to learn from Felicia Romero, then see Kim Dolan Leto, jump back to see Mike Arce, then see Callie Bundy, Chris & Heidi Powell and stay in Room A to see Jill Coleman’s presentation.
Or you might want to start off seeing Karey’s presentation, then you want to see Jon Boles, stick around for Mike Arce, back to see Jill Coleman.
The options are entirely yours!
It is our mission to make FITposium the event for you and we trust our new split track format gives you control over what you want to experience!
James Patrick, ACG, ALS
James Patrick is the founder of FITposium and is a commercial and editorial photographer based in Arizona. His photo work has won numerous awards and has been published internationally. In addition, James works as a public speaker specializing in discussing brand development and marketing strategies. He is the author of the FitModelGuide.com e-book as well as a contributing writer to numerous publications. His work can be see on his website jamespatrick.com as well as on Instagram @jpatrickphoto